From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev + /usr
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 07:27:33
1 On Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:37:14 AM Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 5:06 AM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 17:10:40 -0400, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
4 > >> No, by "you know what needs to be done" I mean: code. Contribute.
5 > >> Become a developer. Make shit happens the way you think it should
6 > >> happen.
7 > >
8 > > You're happy to run an important system service coded by someone with
9 > > less experience than their dislike of the way things are going.
10 >
11 > Someone with "less experience"? As I said before, Kay has been working
12 > in udev for more than eight years. I think he's entitle to receive the
13 > acknowledge of his experience.
14
15 A certain amount of years of experience doesn't mean the person can not make
16 mistakes. Kay has done a lot of good work with udev, but he should rethink his
17 design and breaking a lot of systems just to satisfy his insane desire to make
18 everyone do whatever he dreamed up is simply wrong.
21 Joost