From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: startx does not work for AMD/ATI Radion HD 4770
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 08:47:59
1 пт, 27 дек. 2019 г. в 09:48, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>:
2 >
3 > On 2019-12-26 18:12, gevisz wrote:
4 >
5 > > It seems that it finally was satisfied with those two blobs added.
6 > > At least I can now start twm.
7 >
8 > Good that you have a working system. But it should _not_ be necessary
9 > to build the blobs into the kernel. I have similar hardware (Gigabyte
10 > mobo with a Phenom and a Radeon) and I get by just fine with the blobs
11 > in /lib/firmware/radeon/* .
12 >
13 > I know they are being loaded because I patched my kernel to tell me in
14 > demsg, even in the case of success.
15 >
16 > qfile says these files belong to the linux-firmware package. Do you
17 > have it installed? And are they in the right location, /lib/firmware?
18 > I can see potential for mischief with the recent lib / lib64 migration.
19
20 All those blobs are from /lib/firmware/radeon. The problem was that
21 they were not mentioned in the documentation as needed for my
22 Radeon HD 4770 video card.