From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gobbledegook error message from emerge.
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 19:11:20
1 On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 11:09 AM Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > (dependency required by "dev-vcs/bzr-2.7.0::gentoo" [installed])
4 > (dependency required by "@selected" [set])
5 > (dependency required by "@world" [argument])
8 So I'm totally guessing here but as you have no other responses yet:
9
10 I'd start near the 'top', which of course is near the bottom.
11
12 What is 'bzr'?
13
14 https://packages.gentoo.org/categories/dev-vcs
15
16 I do not see 'bzr' on this page. Is it something left over in your world
17 file, or just installed by some other app and no longer used, or moved to
18 some other package category?
19
20 If you don't know what it is and think you don't need it then if it were me
21 I'd consider just removing it and letting emerge @world figure out how to
22 proceed.
23
24 And all of that is just a guess. No Gentoo available right now to delve
25 further.
26
27 Best of luck,
28 Mark