From: Alexander Kapshuk <alexander.kapshuk@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] custom kernel with nvidia-drivers
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 09:21:11
1 On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Raffaele Belardi
2 <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
3 > Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
4 >>
5 >> As far as generating a custom config file based on what modules are
6 >> loaded, you could try "make localmodconfig":
7 >> It's purpose is described here,
8 >>
9 >> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/plain/README?id=refs/tags/v4.9.9:
10 >>
11 >> Create a config based on current config and loaded modules (lsmod).
12 >> Disables any module option that is not needed for the loaded modules.
13 >>
14 >> To generate a custom config for a given architecture, "make defconfig"
15 >> might be a good way to start.
16 >> Create a ./.config file by using the default symbol values from either
17 >> arch/$ARCH/defconfig or arch/$ARCH/configs/${PLATFORM}_defconfig,
18 >> depending on the architecture.
21 > Thanks, I've always build my own kernel but was never sure I did include all
22 > the basic options, I'll try with defconfig. Also the localmodconfig is a
23 > good hint, there's always something to know with Linux.
24 >
25 > raffaele
28 No worries.