From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] custom kernel with nvidia-drivers
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 08:31:09
1 Alexander Kapshuk wrote:
2 > As far as generating a custom config file based on what modules are
3 > loaded, you could try "make localmodconfig":
4 > It's purpose is described here,
5 > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git/plain/README?id=refs/tags/v4.9.9:
6 >
7 > Create a config based on current config and loaded modules (lsmod).
8 > Disables any module option that is not needed for the loaded modules.
9 >
10 > To generate a custom config for a given architecture, "make defconfig"
11 > might be a good way to start.
12 > Create a ./.config file by using the default symbol values from either
13 > arch/$ARCH/defconfig or arch/$ARCH/configs/${PLATFORM}_defconfig,
14 > depending on the architecture.
15
16 Thanks, I've always build my own kernel but was never sure I did include all the basic
17 options, I'll try with defconfig. Also the localmodconfig is a good hint, there's always
18 something to know with Linux.
19
20 raffaele