From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to determine which mobo without opening case
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 19:41:30
1 Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net> writes:
2
3 > On 11/30/2009 9:13 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com> writes:
7 >>> As a matter of curiosity, why can't you open the case?
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> Aside from extreme laziness, I'd prefer to spend 2 seconds getting the
11 >> info than first pulling the machine out of some piled up mess of
12 >> several machines, then getting my beat up old body into some contorted
13 >> position where I can see inside, and finally just hoping I'll be able
14 >> to see something worthwhile that isn't covered with monstor Tuniq 120
15 >> cooler or some such.
16 >>
17 >> So guess in short, it would be, aside from extreme
18 >> laziness.... extreme laziness...
19 >>
20 > Actually, I have found it difficult to find out the motherboard of a
21 > computer without taking the whole thing apart including the cooling
22 > fan (of course, it might just be me not knowing the correct way to
23 > check these types of things). It would be much easier to just compile
24 > and run a program, even if I had to ask here about which program to
25 > use.
26
27 So I guess you suffer from the ExL syndrome too then ... hehe.