From: Marcus Wanner <marcusw@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to determine which mobo without opening case
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 16:30:21
1 On 11/30/2009 9:13 PM, Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> As a matter of curiosity, why can't you open the case?
8 > Aside from extreme laziness, I'd prefer to spend 2 seconds getting the
9 > info than first pulling the machine out of some piled up mess of
10 > several machines, then getting my beat up old body into some contorted
11 > position where I can see inside, and finally just hoping I'll be able
12 > to see something worthwhile that isn't covered with monstor Tuniq 120
13 > cooler or some such.
14 >
15 > So guess in short, it would be, aside from extreme
16 > laziness.... extreme laziness...
17 >
18 Actually, I have found it difficult to find out the motherboard of a
19 computer without taking the whole thing apart including the cooling fan
20 (of course, it might just be me not knowing the correct way to check
21 these types of things). It would be much easier to just compile and run
22 a program, even if I had to ask here about which program to use.
23
24 Marcus