From: Sid S <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: new thinkpad with Gentoo
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 14:58:49
1 I will agree with the suggestion that Asus laptop keyboards are decent. On
2 the higher end models the keys have a surprising amount of travel. As for
3 keyboards with a trackpoint, I would suggest the TEX Yoda Trackpoint and
4 the Miniguru keyboards. Sadly, neither is available with any regularity
5 (the second seems to have had a prototype run but is currently "in
6 design"), and I believe the mouse is different from a traditional
7 trackpoint by virtue of patents.
8
9 I became very accustomed to the trackpoint on a previous laptop I had.
10 Since they are so rare, I've turned to tiling window managers to remove my
11 need of mouse.
12
13 On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at>