From: "Marko Kocić" <marko.kocic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge --inject equivalent
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:42:59
1 Thanks,
2 the problem is that USE flags are not changed, but CROSSCOMPILE_HEADER_OPTIONS
3 New option is added there which is not used anyways.
4
5 I'll try that as soon as I can.
6
7 >> The same story applies to different packages. If new USE flag is added
8 >> which I don't use anyways, I still have to recompile the same version
9 >> of package because emerge bugs me to do it.
10 >>
11 >> Does anyone knows how to avoid unnecessary recompilation in this case?
12 >
13 > Edit /var/db/pkg/cat/pkg-version/USE. This file contains the USE flags
14 > the package was built with, editing it to match the changed flags fools
15 > portage into thinking a re-compilation is not available.
16 >
17 > Alternatives are don't use --newuse with emerge world unless you are also
18 > using --pretend, or let the merging begin, hit Ctrl-C when that package
19 > starts then run emerge --resume --skipfirst.
22 > --
23 > Neil Bothwick
24 >
25 > Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him
26 > to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list