From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge --inject equivalent
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 16:39:17
1 On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 18:14:13 +0200, Marko Kocić wrote:
2
3 > The same story applies to different packages. If new USE flag is added
4 > which I don't use anyways, I still have to recompile the same version
5 > of package because emerge bugs me to do it.
6 >
7 > Does anyone knows how to avoid unnecessary recompilation in this case?
8
9 Edit /var/db/pkg/cat/pkg-version/USE. This file contains the USE flags
10 the package was built with, editing it to match the changed flags fools
11 portage into thinking a re-compilation is not available.
12
13 Alternatives are don't use --newuse with emerge world unless you are also
14 using --pretend, or let the merging begin, hit Ctrl-C when that package
15 starts then run emerge --resume --skipfirst.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him
22 to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.