From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge with --changed-use
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 01:12:55
1 On 02/28/2013 03:35 PM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 15:13:31 -0800, walt wrote:
3 >
4 >> My favorite peeve is when a libreoffice useflag is added for, say,
5 >> support for Swahili or Urdu, and now I'm forced to rebuild all of
6 >> libreoffice just to re-install libreoffice without support for Urdu
7 >> or Swahili. If I were a computer I'd agree immediately with that
8 >> reasoning.
9 >
10 > That shouldn't happen with --changed-use, only --newuse, and would be
11 > worthy of a bug report.
12
13 Hm. I did read something about that here in the last few months and
14 forgot about it. I've been typing emerge -auND world for so long I
15 don't even think about it. Reading the manpage I see that there is
16 no short-option for --changed-use, so I suppose I'll write a shell
17 script to type that long-option for me because I'll forget it again.
18
19 Seems to me that most of us lusers would want --changed-use to be the
20 default behavior, no?