From: "Matt Connell (Gmail)" <matthewdconnell@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] unable to login some websites using www-client/firefox-68.9.0
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 02:47:23
1 On Sun, 2020-07-05 at 12:36 -0500, Valmor F. de Almeida wrote:
2 > However at some other websites that require
3 >
4 > username/password, I am not able to log in. I have cleared the
5 > cache,
6 >
7 > deleted all cookies, etc. Still problematic. I don't get any errors
8 > upon
9 >
10 > login. Just get straight back to the original site prompting for the
11 >
12 > username and password.
13
14 This is almost certainly a problem with your cookie or privacy
15 settings, rather than with how FF is built.
16
17 Try launching FF with a new profile to see if that fixes it. From a
18 terminal, like this: firefox -p
19
20 Then try making a new profile with default settings, and see if you can
21 log in with that profile. If you can, then something in the settings
22 on your original profile is to blame.
23
24 (Disclaimer, there may be easier ways to manage profiles in FF but
25 launching it with -p is what has always worked for me, YMMV).