From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache: what could cause "graceful restart requested"?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 16:33:23
1 On 03-Aug-11 18:17, Michael Mol wrote:
2 >> ---
3 >> [Wed Aug 03 03:10:01 2011] [notice] Graceful restart requested,
4 >> doing restart
5 >> ---
6 >> What could have caused this? BTW I noticed all apache logs
7 >> have been rotated exactly at this time. Is that a reason
8 >> why apache was restarted? I never noticed it...
9 >
10 > Very likely. logrotate would ask apache to restart so that it can move
11 > the old log file out of the way.
12
13 You are right. I just found this in /etc/logrotate.d/apache2 :
14 /var/log/apache2/*log {
15 missingok
16 notifempty
17 sharedscripts
18 postrotate
19 /etc/init.d/apache2 reload > /dev/null 2>&1 || true
20 endscript
21 }
22
23 But is it actually necessary to do it? I mean everything between
24 postrotate-endscript is done after the log file has been rotated.
25 So I do not understand why at that time apache must be reloaded.
26
27 Moreover, because of that apache-reloading apc was emptied so it
28 takes again some time till all php-scripts are in cache again...
29
30 Jarry
31 --
33 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
34 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.