From: John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo announces total website makeover :-)
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 05:56:11
1 On 03/31/2015 09:39 PM, Gevisz wrote:
2 > On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 02:46:39 +0300 Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 01:37:06 +0200 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 >>> This really made my day. :-)
6 >>>
7 >>> https://www.gentoo.org/news/2015/03/31/website-update.html
8 >>
9 >> The best design ever! So nice and readable font, so yummy
10 >> background, very fast page load.
11 >
12 > It did not load from the first try for me.
13 >
14 > Than it take some time to load from the second attempt.
15 >
16 > A really awful blue background.
17 >
18 > The quote from the site:
19 >
20 > “We accept that members in more fortunate circumstances may feel
21 > that a site with a 16-colour palette and an optimal screen resolution
22 > of 640 x 200 pixels is not the best fit for their needs but we urge
23 > such members to keep the greater good in mind. The vast majority of
24 > potential new Gentoo Linux users are still using IBM XT computers,
25 > storing their information on 5.25-inch floppy disks and communicating
26 > via dial-up BBS,” said Roy Bamford (neddyseagoon), a Foundation trustee.
27 >
28 > Oh, my God! I really hope that it is the 1 April joke.
29
30 Did you notice "The new site is also available via Gopher."?
31
32 With Gentoo on board they're probably looking at a doubling of the
33 available gopher servers.