From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo announces total website makeover :-)
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 04:41:35
1 On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 02:46:39 +0300 Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 01:37:06 +0200 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
4 > > This really made my day. :-)
5 > >
6 > > https://www.gentoo.org/news/2015/03/31/website-update.html
7 >
8 > The best design ever! So nice and readable font, so yummy
9 > background, very fast page load.
10
11 It did not load from the first try for me.
12
13 Than it take some time to load from the second attempt.
14
15 A really awful blue background.
16
17 The quote from the site:
18
19 “We accept that members in more fortunate circumstances may feel
20 that a site with a 16-colour palette and an optimal screen resolution
21 of 640 x 200 pixels is not the best fit for their needs but we urge
22 such members to keep the greater good in mind. The vast majority of
23 potential new Gentoo Linux users are still using IBM XT computers,
24 storing their information on 5.25-inch floppy disks and communicating
25 via dial-up BBS,” said Roy Bamford (neddyseagoon), a Foundation trustee.
26
27 Oh, my God! I really hope that it is the 1 April joke.
28
29 > Many thanks for Web project team for hard work!
30 >
31 > As for the Phase II, are there any plans for 8" floppy support or
32 > only 5.25" devices are targeted?
33
34 "The second phase of the project to get Gentoo Linux to a wider user
35 base will involve the creation of floppy disk sets containing a compact
36 version of the operating system and a selection of software essentials.
37 It is estimated that sets could be created using less than 700 disks
38 each and sponsorship is currently being sought."
39
40 Well, probably, it is.
41
42 > Best regards,