From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo announces total website makeover :-)
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 06:31:22
1 Gevisz wrote:
2 > It did not load from the first try for me. Than it take some time to
3 > load from the second attempt. A really awful blue background. The
4 > quote from the site: “We accept that members in more fortunate
5 > circumstances may feel that a site with a 16-colour palette and an
6 > optimal screen resolution of 640 x 200 pixels is not the best fit for
7 > their needs but we urge such members to keep the greater good in mind.
8 > The vast majority of potential new Gentoo Linux users are still using
9 > IBM XT computers, storing their information on 5.25-inch floppy disks
10 > and communicating via dial-up BBS,” said Roy Bamford (neddyseagoon), a
11 > Foundation trustee. Oh, my God! I really hope that it is the 1 April
12 > joke.
13 >> Best regards,
14 >> Andrew Savchenko
15
16 It worked the first time but it is quite a bit slower for me. I got DSL
17 now and other pages, even those with pics, load faster. Sort of odd.
18 Glad it isn't just me.
19
20 Dale
21