From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo announces total website makeover :-)
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 07:35:06
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Gevisz wrote:
3 >> It did not load from the first try for me. Than it take some time to
4 >> load from the second attempt. A really awful blue background. The
5 >> quote from the site: “We accept that members in more fortunate
6 >> circumstances may feel that a site with a 16-colour palette and an
7 >> optimal screen resolution of 640 x 200 pixels is not the best fit for
8 >> their needs but we urge such members to keep the greater good in mind.
9 >> The vast majority of potential new Gentoo Linux users are still using
10 >> IBM XT computers, storing their information on 5.25-inch floppy disks
11 >> and communicating via dial-up BBS,” said Roy Bamford (neddyseagoon), a
12 >> Foundation trustee. Oh, my God! I really hope that it is the 1 April
13 >> joke.
14 >>> Best regards,
15 >>> Andrew Savchenko
16 > It worked the first time but it is quite a bit slower for me. I got DSL
17 > now and other pages, even those with pics, load faster. Sort of odd.
18 > Glad it isn't just me.
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
26 It seems the quoting got messed up on this one. Odd.
27
28 Sorry.
29
30 Dale