From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shadow Remote Desktop to connect to Windows 10
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2018 19:33:20
1 On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 2:07 PM, <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 06/13/2018 11:47 AM, Mick wrote:
3 >> On Wednesday, 13 June 2018 18:33:35 BST R0b0t1 wrote:
4 > [snip]
5 >>
6 >> Also note that by default the MSWindows Remote Desktop on a workstation will
7 >> only allow one user at a time to use the desktop. There is however a Remote
8 >> Assistance facility which you may be able to use to connect to a desktop
9 >> session without disconnecting the already logged in user. Type msra.exe in
10 >> the search bar to launch it.
11 >>
12 >> I'm not sure if it is possible to connect from Linux with freerdp or other
13 >> clients, but you should be able to connect from another Windows 10 PC.
14 >
15 > No, I can not find msra.exe.
16 > It is suppose to be on run on the Windows 7 - I'm connecting from
17 > or on Windows 10 - I'm connecting to?
20 You need to run it on the computer you wish to connect to.
21
22 Note that if you think RDPWrap is illegal then using the remote
23 assistance tool in this way would *also* be illegal.
24
25 > I've tried to install on Windows 7 "RDPWrap" from"
26 > https://github.com/stascorp/rdpwrap/releases
27 >
28 > It didn't do anything!
31 What did you expect it to do? Did you read the README? I recommend the
32 zip file. From it you need to run install.bat. A window will pop up
33 and should say the install has completed properly. Afterwards you can
34 connect multiple times to your computer over RDP.
35
36 If you think there was an error take a picture. I've never used the
37 MSI. If you used the MSI it may have silently succeeded.
38
39 Cheers,
40 R0b0t1