From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fd symlinks to pts?
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 08:03:52
1 On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Tim wrote:
2 > I recently had occasion to need a floppy drive. Thankfully, there was
3 > one in my Gentoo box, but no support in the kernel. I added
4 > CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY=y to .config and already had support for my
5 > IDE chipset included, rebuilt my kernel, and rebooted.
6 >
7 > Now I have a folder /dev/fd/, but every entry there (0, 1, 2, and
8 > 255) are all symlinks to /dev/pts/0. Relevant command outputs:
9
10 /dev/fd is a symlink to /dev/self/fd
11
12 and I believe that fd here means "file descriptor" not "floppy disk"
13
14 do you have devices /dev/fd0 etc instead? If not, what do you get from
15
16 grep -r fd /etc/udev/rules.d/
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com