From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iproute2 reference
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 07:46:47
1 On Sunday, 10 June 2018 17:58:35 BST Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 --->8 much detail that makes me feel a bit faint...
4
5 > IMHO the biggest issue is that you have to understand what you want to do
6 > and then translate it to the proper ip commands to do it. You need that
7 > high level blueprint (if you will) so that you can then implement it with
8 > the "ip" command. This is why you need at least a basic understanding of
9 > networking to fully take advantage of the "ip" command.
10
11 Quite so. Understanding is dawning, but slowly these days, and starting from
12 deep darkness.
13
14 The lartc website has been down for a few days now, but I'd already got hold
15 of the howto. I've just sent a subscription request to the mailing list.
16
17 Many thanks for your help, Grant.
20 Regards,
21 Peter.