From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's wrong with eix?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:07:42
1 Dave Nebinger schreef:
2 > On Thursday 13 October 2005 04:51 am, Holly Bostick wrote:
3 >
4 >> root -> eix cedega * app-emulation/cedega Available versions: 4.0
5 >> 4.0.1 4.1 4.1[1] 4.1.1 4.2-r1 4.2.1 4.3 4.3.1 4.3.2 4.4 4.4.1
6 >> Installed: 4.4.1
7 >
8 > Sorry, Holly, but what exactly is the error you're seeing? I get the
9 > same list (but not the overlay), but there is an ebuild for each one
10 > of these in /usr/portage/app-emulatiiin/cedega...
11
12 In this particular example, version 4.4.3 is also available, but does
13 not show as available under eix, though it does show as available via an
14 emerge --search.
15
16 Version 4.4.3 was listed as an available update in the email that I get
17 after running esync and update-eix as a cron job.
18
19 Again, you see the last available version listed by eix is 4.4.1, but
20 emerge --search finds 4.4.3:
21
22 root -> emerge --search cedega
23 Searching...
24 [ Results for search key : cedega ]
25 [ Applications found : 2 ]
26
27 * app-emulation/cedega
28 Latest version available: 4.4.3
29 Latest version installed: 4.4.1
30 Size of downloaded files: 7,471 kB
31 Homepage: http://www.transgaming.com/
33 enhanced DirectX for gaming
34 License: Aladdin
35 >
36 > What did you expect to see?
37
38 I expected to see all the versions of the package known to Portage as of
39 the time that I did the search. That *is* the point of eix, is it not :-) ?
40
41 As I said, the database has been updated multiple times, but eix is no
42 longer picking up the most recent updates to my Portage tree, making the
43 program unreliable for fast searches (since I cannot be sure that eix is
44 showing me all available versions of any given package).
47 > Also, as a side note, eix had problems with the cdb portage some time
48 > back; if you'e running cdb you might want to disable it, emerge
49 > --meta, update-eix, then see if the problem still exists.
50
51 Thanks for the confirmation; I was figuring that cdb might have had
52 something to do with it, being the only real possible culprit.
53
54 I'll try that, hopefully it will fix things.
55
56 Holly
57 --
58 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list