From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's wrong with eix?
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:43:50
1 On Thursday 13 October 2005 10:00 am, Holly Bostick wrote:
2 > In this particular example, version 4.4.3 is also available, but does
3 > not show as available under eix, though it does show as available via an
4 > emerge --search.
5
6 Ah, now I see. So many versions I couldn't see the tree in the forrest.
7
8 Same thing on my end yet slightly worse; 4.4.2 is also available but does not
9 show up under eix either.
10
11 > > Also, as a side note, eix had problems with the cdb portage some time
12 > > back; if you'e running cdb you might want to disable it, emerge
13 > > --meta, update-eix, then see if the problem still exists.
14 >
15 > Thanks for the confirmation; I was figuring that cdb might have had
16 > something to do with it, being the only real possible culprit.
17 >
18 > I'll try that, hopefully it will fix things.
19
20 Well, obviously it's a defect in eix again. I wouldn't call dumping cdb a
21 'fix' as I wouldn't want to lose the performance increase I get by using it.
22
23 Guess I'll see what the EIX folks have to say about it...
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list