From: sunnavy <sunnavy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Routing: how to enable..
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:53:31
1 You need something like NAT to be configured on your internet-pc.
2 This maybe help(especially the NAT part):
3 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/home-router-howto.xml
4
5 Best wishes, ;-)
6 On 21:22 Sat 17 Feb , Roman Naumann wrote:
7 > Hi, please forgive this most probably very simple question, but I cannot find
8 > the correct configuration file to enable routing...
9 >
10 > I have two PCs, one HAS a internet connection to the internet-proxy, the
11 > other one hasn't.
12 > The internet-pc (and I do not mean the proxy-pc) has two ethernet devices,
13 > ra0 and eth0.
14 >
15 > eth0 connects it with the non-internet pc.
16 >
17 > I set up a route to the internet-proxy-px on the internet-pc and it works
18 > fine on it, but the the non-internet pc can't use it!
19 >
20 > Even though the non-internet pc has it's default gw set to the eth0 ip of the
21 > internet pc.
22 >
23 > Thanks for your help.