From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way to clean up the world file?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 14:10:12
1 On 6/6/19 1:36 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 6 June 2019 05:56:53 BST Dale wrote:
3 >> Grant Taylor wrote:
4 >>> On 6/5/19 9:18 PM, Dale wrote:
5 >>>> I would start by removing anything that has libs in it. Generally,
6 >>>> those should be pulled in as deps. After that, I'd go through the
7 >>>> list and remove anything that you don't directly use.
8 >>>
9 >>> ACK
10 >>>
11 >>> Can I just edit /var/lib/portage/world? Or do I need to do something
12 >>> else?
13 >
14 > Yes, manually edit this file, but FIRST MAKE A BACK UP. :-)
15
16 If you don't feel comfortable doing that `emerge --deselect` will remove
17 things from the world file without altering it's state on the machine
18 (i.e. you will have to --depclean to remove packages.)
19
20 Dan