From: "John P. Burkett" <burkett@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: font missing
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 00:30:02
1 reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > "John P. Burkett" <burkett@×××.edu> writes:
3 >
4 >> Suggestions for recovering the old "10x20" font would be appreciated.
5 >
6 > I had the same problem but was able to view from an old backup of var
7 > in a previous OS install what was installed.
8 >
9 > It showed 38 packages.... I'd also like to know what specific fonts
10 > are in which package.
11 >
12 > But I just installed a few from the list.
13 >
14 > This is a guess but I think it was
15 > media-fonts/font-sony-misc that supplied the missing 10x20 and mine
16 > was also missing 9x15.
17 >
18 > Be warned that the above pkg is JUST a GUESS... since I installed
19 > several pkgs and found no way to really tell what is in them.
20 >
21 > Even equery files <font-pkg> doesn't tell you since the naming
22 > apparently changes somewhere between files installed and actual fonts
23 > available.
26 > The entire list I now have installed is listed below in case the guess
27 > above is wrong. One in that bunch has it. Look in:
28 >
29 > /var/db/pkg/media-fonts to see what is already installed.
30 >
31 > Severl of those listed below will almost certainly be there. So maybe
32 > it will narrow it down for you a bit.
33 >
34 > ===================================================
35 > font-misc-meltho-1.0.0
36 > font-sony-misc-1.0.0
37 > font-adobe-100dpi-1.0.0
38 > font-misc-misc-1.0.0
39 > font-sun-misc-1.0.0
40 > font-adobe-75dpi-1.0.0
41 > font-mutt-misc-1.0.0
42 > font-util-1.0.1
43 > font-alias-1.0.1
44 > font-schumacher-misc-1.0.0
45 > gnu-gs-fonts-std-8.11
48 Thank you very much for your helpful response. Emerging font-misc-misc
49 solved the problem for me. :-)
50
51 Best regards,
52 John