From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: font missing
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:03:24
1 "John P. Burkett" <burkett@×××.edu> writes:
2
3 > Suggestions for recovering the old "10x20" font would be appreciated.
4
5 I had the same problem but was able to view from an old backup of var
6 in a previous OS install what was installed.
7
8 It showed 38 packages.... I'd also like to know what specific fonts
9 are in which package.
10
11 But I just installed a few from the list.
12
13 This is a guess but I think it was
14 media-fonts/font-sony-misc that supplied the missing 10x20 and mine
15 was also missing 9x15.
16
17 Be warned that the above pkg is JUST a GUESS... since I installed
18 several pkgs and found no way to really tell what is in them.
19
20 Even equery files <font-pkg> doesn't tell you since the naming
21 apparently changes somewhere between files installed and actual fonts
22 available.
25 The entire list I now have installed is listed below in case the guess
26 above is wrong. One in that bunch has it. Look in:
27
28 /var/db/pkg/media-fonts to see what is already installed.
29
30 Severl of those listed below will almost certainly be there. So maybe
31 it will narrow it down for you a bit.
32
33 ===================================================
34 font-misc-meltho-1.0.0
35 font-sony-misc-1.0.0