From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: X hoggs CPU (xorg-server-1.7.6)
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:16:25
1 On 05/16/2010 01:12 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
5 > Explicitly setting Driver to "evdev" (to both mouse and keyboard sections) doesn't
6 > fix the unexplained messages in Xorg.0.log. At least X manages to start, though.
7
8 I'm expecting that your newest Xorg log will be different from the earlier ones.
9 Which messages do you mean?
10
11 > I'm now noticing another problem: X's CPU usage sky-rockets when using input devices.
12 > Especially mouse: If I move my pointer around the screen, hovering over some windows
13 > in the process, I get >50% CPU in 'top'.
14
15 I've never seen that before. Does hovering over xev print any messages?