From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 00:58:27
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Pardon me. My brain passed gas here. lol Could it be that my drives file
5 >> system has ran out of inodes or whatever they are called? That may explain
6 >> why I can't copy anything to it but it works fine as far as reading goes.
7 >>
8 >> Thoughts? How do I check/change it? Headed to some man pages too.
9 >>
10 > Stupid questions:
11 > 1) Is the filesystem mounted read-only?
12 > 2) Could the hard drive be in read-only mode? (Used to be there was
13 > some flag you could trigger with hdparm to write-protect a hard drive.
14 > Never poked that flag myself, I just remember that it was there.)
18 Mounted as this:
19
20 /dev/sdc1 on /data type reiserfs (rw)
21
22 This is from hdparm -I:
23
24 Security:
25 Master password revision code = 65534
26 supported
27 not enabled
28 not locked
29 not frozen
30 not expired: security count
31 supported: enhanced erase
32 140min for SECURITY ERASE UNIT. 140min for ENHANCED SECURITY
33 ERASE UNIT.
34
35 Capabilities:
36 LBA, IORDY(can be disabled)
37 Queue depth: 32
38 Standby timer values: spec'd by Standard, no device specific
39 minimum
40 R/W multiple sector transfer: Max = 16 Current = 0
41 Advanced power management level: disabled
42 Recommended acoustic management value: 254, current value: 0
43 DMA: mdma0 mdma1 mdma2 udma0 udma1 udma2 udma3 udma4 udma5
44 *udma6 udma7
45 Cycle time: min=120ns recommended=120ns
46 PIO: pio0 pio1 pio2 pio3 pio4
47 Cycle time: no flow control=120ns IORDY flow control=120ns
50 I don't see anything about it being write protected. Anyone see
51 anything wrong with this? I can post the whole thing if needed.
52
53 With me, there is NO stupid question. ;-)
54
55 Dale
56