From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: using KDE
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 03:44:43
1 On September 28, 2016 8:53:24 PM GMT+02:00, Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >Am Wed, 28 Sep 2016 03:22:11 -0400
3 >schrieb Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>:
4 >
5 >> 160928 Kai Krakow wrote:
6 >> > 160928 schrieb Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>:
7 >> >> I've discovered that KDE isn't recognising the numeric pad keys :
8 >> >> they simply have no effect, even as surplus cursor keys.
9 >> > Maybe by accident you enabled to move the mouse with these keys ?
10 >> > It's somewhere in the System Settings.
11 >>
12 >> Thanks, that was the problem ! -- SS -> Hardware -> Input Devices ->
13 >> Mouse -> Navigation -> Move Pointer Using NumPad : apparently set by
14 >> dft.
15 >
16 >In addition to my other post:
17 >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mouse_keys
18 >
19 >So it's LShift+Alt+Num. However, I tried: It no longer works for me.
20 >I'm pretty sure this is because I disabled accessibility features
21 >completely. I hate some beeping window coming up just because I hold
22 >shift for too long. "Oh you held shift for 5 seconds, you can enable
23 >sticky keys" - no I don't want to!
24
25 The only use I found for 'sticky keys': when using a remote desktop app which doesn't have the option to send common key combinations like ctrl-alt-del.
26
27 What I miss in all those implementations is a visual display of what is 'stuck'.
30 Joost
31
32 Ps. I count myself lucky not to need this functionality on a daily basis.
33 --
34 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.