From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 04:36:50
1 On Wednesday 04 April 2007 06:17:39 felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > Why do --nocolor and --color=n not work (sys-apps/portage-2.1.2.3)?
3 [SNIP]
4 > I am so tired of this crap. Even editing /usr/bin/emerge to always
5 > set output.havecolor to 0 doesn't disable color. I have to copy and
6 > paste into an editor just to read the error messages.
7
8 Easier to just pipe the output into less.
9
10 > It has always been so; most portage commands simply aassume I want all sorts
11 > of colorized messages on my screen.
12
13 And it never occurred to you to just file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org? How are
14 devs supposed to fix your bug if you don't report it? (that's rhetorical).
17 Bo Andresen