From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 13:50:10
1 On Wed, 20 May 2015 09:24:12 -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > > > Thanks, does the 1mb partition have to have anything in it?
4 > >
5 > > No. If doesn't even need a filesystem, just create the partition with
6 > > the correct type and GRUB will work.
7 >
8 > I have been usinglilo, so till I need to go to a uefi mb, that seems to
9 > work.
10
11 Once you have a working bootloader on a system, I see little need to
12 change it unless the hardware changes. Until a few weeks ago I was still
13 using GRUB 0.97 on my MythTV frontend, because that was current when I
14 installed it. The new box is UEFI so it uses Gummiboot.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.