From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booted Gentoo the first time on the Arietta.G25...but...
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:52:06
1 On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 09:00:37 PM thegeezer wrote:
2 > On 18/11/14 18:27, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > How can I configure Gentoo on the Arietta board
4 > > to use ethernet-over-usb to be started while
5 > > booting the Arietta board?
6 > >
7 > > By "replace everything eth0 with usb0" ??? ;)
8 >
9 > if you still have emdebian image you can boot that and see which modules
10 > are loaded - that would be a start. a nice dodge is
11 > # find /sys | grep drivers
12 > you can also check everything in "make menuconfig" under the section
13 > device drivers\network device support\usb network adaptors
14 > that everything you _might_ need is selected
15 > there is a chance that the gentoo image has what you need --- what does
16 > "lsusb" show you ? what about "ifconfig -a"
17 > usb ethernet devices have very odd names ... names such as enp0s29u1u2
18 > so it would be "replace everything eth0 with enp0s29u1u2"
19
20 Meino,
21
22 You might also want to check if there is any firmware that is not being
23 found/loaded.
24 For me, that is usually the case when something isn't working.
27 Joost