From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booted Gentoo the first time on the Arietta.G25...but...
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:44:38
1 J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> [14-11-19 17:00]:
2 > On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 09:00:37 PM thegeezer wrote:
3 > > On 18/11/14 18:27, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > > How can I configure Gentoo on the Arietta board
5 > > > to use ethernet-over-usb to be started while
6 > > > booting the Arietta board?
7 > > >
8 > > > By "replace everything eth0 with usb0" ??? ;)
9 > >
10 > > if you still have emdebian image you can boot that and see which modules
11 > > are loaded - that would be a start. a nice dodge is
12 > > # find /sys | grep drivers
13 > > you can also check everything in "make menuconfig" under the section
14 > > device drivers\network device support\usb network adaptors
15 > > that everything you _might_ need is selected
16 > > there is a chance that the gentoo image has what you need --- what does
17 > > "lsusb" show you ? what about "ifconfig -a"
18 > > usb ethernet devices have very odd names ... names such as enp0s29u1u2
19 > > so it would be "replace everything eth0 with enp0s29u1u2"
20 >
21 > Meino,
22 >
23 > You might also want to check if there is any firmware that is not being
24 > found/loaded.
25 > For me, that is usually the case when something isn't working.
26 >
27 > --
28 > Joost
31 Hi thegeezer, Hi Joost,
32
33 it was that simple, that I *had* to overlooked it: The modules
34 for ethernet over usb had to be loaded before using that interface...
35 WUMMER!
36 Sometimes..... :)
37
38 I added the following modules:
39 usb_f_rndis
40 u_ether
41 usb_f_ecm
42 usb_f_ecm_subset
43 usb_f_eem
44 g_ether
45 at91_udc
46 atmel_usba_udc
47 libcomposite
48
49 and I am not sure, whether some of them are not necassary for that
50 purpose...but with this in /etc/conf.d/modules it works.
51
52 Current status is:
53 * Board boots with Robert Nelsons linux kernel for ARM and a device
54 tree blob by acmesystems and a stage3 rootfs (armv5tel) by the one
55 and only Gentoo.
56 * The board is accessible via ssh
57 * I am currently downloading (emerge -f) some applications I need,
58 compiling on this board is an exercise in patience... 8). After
59 the download the board can compile the stuff without using my PC
60 as router to the internet. So it does not harm to power the board
61 with 100mA over several days...
62
63 Best regards,
64 Meino