From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Booted Gentoo the first time on the Arietta.G25...but...
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 17:50:52
1 On 19 November 2014 18:44:28 CET, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 >J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> [14-11-19 17:00]:
3 >> On Tuesday, November 18, 2014 09:00:37 PM thegeezer wrote:
4 >> > On 18/11/14 18:27, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 >> > > How can I configure Gentoo on the Arietta board
6 >> > > to use ethernet-over-usb to be started while
7 >> > > booting the Arietta board?
8 >> > >
9 >> > > By "replace everything eth0 with usb0" ??? ;)
10 >> >
11 >> > if you still have emdebian image you can boot that and see which
12 >modules
13 >> > are loaded - that would be a start. a nice dodge is
14 >> > # find /sys | grep drivers
15 >> > you can also check everything in "make menuconfig" under the
16 >section
17 >> > device drivers\network device support\usb network adaptors
18 >> > that everything you _might_ need is selected
19 >> > there is a chance that the gentoo image has what you need --- what
20 >does
21 >> > "lsusb" show you ? what about "ifconfig -a"
22 >> > usb ethernet devices have very odd names ... names such as
23 >enp0s29u1u2
24 >> > so it would be "replace everything eth0 with enp0s29u1u2"
25 >>
26 >> Meino,
27 >>
28 >> You might also want to check if there is any firmware that is not
29 >being
30 >> found/loaded.
31 >> For me, that is usually the case when something isn't working.
32 >>
33 >> --
34 >> Joost
37 >Hi thegeezer, Hi Joost,
38 >
39 >it was that simple, that I *had* to overlooked it: The modules
40 >for ethernet over usb had to be loaded before using that interface...
41 >WUMMER!
42 >Sometimes..... :)
43 >
44 >I added the following modules:
45 > usb_f_rndis
46 > u_ether
47 > usb_f_ecm
48 > usb_f_ecm_subset
49 > usb_f_eem
50 > g_ether
51 > at91_udc
52 > atmel_usba_udc
53 > libcomposite
54 >
55 >and I am not sure, whether some of them are not necassary for that
56 >purpose...but with this in /etc/conf.d/modules it works.
57 >
58 >Current status is:
59 >* Board boots with Robert Nelsons linux kernel for ARM and a device
60 > tree blob by acmesystems and a stage3 rootfs (armv5tel) by the one
61 > and only Gentoo.
62 >* The board is accessible via ssh
63 >* I am currently downloading (emerge -f) some applications I need,
64 > compiling on this board is an exercise in patience... 8). After
65 > the download the board can compile the stuff without using my PC
66 > as router to the internet. So it does not harm to power the board
67 > with 100mA over several days...
68 >
69 >Best regards,
70 >Meino
71
72 You can't use distcc and a crosscompiler on your desktop for this?
75 Joost
76 --
77 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.