From: Caveman Al Toraboran <toraboracaveman@××××××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tips on running a mail server in a cheap vps provider run but not-so-trusty admins?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 15:13:07
1 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
2 On Friday, August 28, 2020 2:35 AM, Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 09:07:03PM +0000, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
5 >
6 > > anyway i'm out of this. massive waste of time. i
7 > > could've finished server-side hillarymail by it.
8 >
9 > Oh, come on. People on this list have decades of experience managing and
10 > implementing e-mail protocols, and you call their (free) help a "massive waste
11 > of time"? Stop being silly and realise that no initial proposal is completely
12 > flawless.
13
14 it's not against "people on the list". it's
15 rather for them. because continuing talking to
16 grant (and soon you) is fueling a useless
17 conversation that is effectively vandalising the
18 mailboxes of 100s of people on this list.
19
20 now you're posting this yet another useless drama
21 message trying to make it sound as if it's against
22 "people on the list" or as if i'm too defensive of
23 hillarymail.
24
25 so now i'll also stop talking to you in this
26 sub-thread (in addition to grant taylor).
27
28 nothing personal. we may talk in other
29 sub-threads. it's just that talking to you 2 in
30 these late threads became a fuel to vandalise
31 others' mailboxes.
34 > As I keep urging you, define some goals (and as Grant said, start with defining
35 > the current problem), finish an initial standards document, and begin writing a
36 > reference implementation. Or just define some of the core algorithms with
37 > pseudocode. I can almost-guarantee that you will start realising things that
38 > need changing almost immediately upon doing so.
39
40 nothing new. we already discussed this in the
41 other sub-thread and, as i said there, i am
42 already planning to write an implementation. and
43 i'm already refining the draft. i don't know why
44 you keep repeating non-new things over and over
45 (zero information content).
46
47 that sub-thread has also became very useless
48 thanks to you and grant for talking about margaret
49 thatcher, LaTeX and other unrelated things. zero
50 actual comments about technical aspects.
53 > Perhaps it is just me with my English sense of over-politeness, but I find your
54 > conduct to be remarkably audacious (and frankly rude) considering all the time
55 > people are spending to help you. ... And if you don't want this sort of on-line
56 > discourse, why did you post on the list at all?
57
58 is your "English" sense of "over-politeness"
59 capable of sensing vandalism caused by having you
60 post texts with low information content, or
61 irrelevant info, to people's inboxes? (rhetorical)