From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: mysql USE flag error
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:31:10
1 On Tuesday 20 October 2009 13:00:04 Mick wrote:
2 > I really, really depend on Kmail and to some extent on Konqueror
3 > (fish, webdav and also as a file manager). This is an old laptop
4 > overdue for replacement - so could hold onto KDE3.5 with this one and
5 > jump straight into KDE4 when I buy a new laptop within a month or so.
6 >
7 > How is Kmail/Konqueror behaving on KDE4?
10 KMail is fine on 4.3.2. I had issues with it randomly crashing when I moved
11 mails around, but that seems to have been sorted with the latest version.
12
13 Konqueror - well now, that's a different story:
14
15 - web shortcuts (gg: wp: etc) do not work. At all. Period.
16 - randomly suddenly using 100% cpu when visiting forum sites (NO flash). Only
17 workaround is to kill konqueror
18 - fish:// does not work
19 - last merged toolbar item in toolbars randomly moves around, often triggered
20 by switching between filemanager and browser modes
21 - plugin support is awful. Forget AJAX, it does not work which counts out
22 gmail and half the support sites I use at work
25 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com