From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Serial modem and permissions problem.
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 10:36:50
1 On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:47:40 -0600, Dale wrote:
2
3 > OK. Here's my update. I changed the config file, the 50-udev.rules
4 > file, back to the way it was when it was updated.
5
6 The next time you update udev, your changes will be overwritten. Changes
7 should go in 10-local.rules.
8
9 > I then added myself
10 > to the uucp group and rebooted. Well, my UPS didn't like that one bit.
11 > So I added nut to the uucp group too. Then I rebooted again.
12 > Everything *appears* to be working fine. Sorry for all the rebooting
13 > but they are serial ports.
14
15 If your serial port driver is built as a module, you can avoid the reboot
16 by rmmodding and modprobing the driver. The second reboot was unnecessary
17 anyway, restarting nut should have picked up the group changes.
21 Neil Bothwick
22