From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng changed format of config-file
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 09:05:25
1 On 07/07/2013 10:16, Dan Johansson wrote:
2 > Today after running an "update world" (which included syslog-ng-3.2 ->
3 > syslog-ng-3.4), I restarted syslog-ng and got the following two messages:
4 >
5 > WARNING: Configuration file format is too old, syslog-ng is running in
6 > compatibility mode Please update it to use the syslog-ng 3.4 format at
7 > your time of convinience, compatibility mode can operate less
8 > efficiently in some cases. To upgrade the configuration, please review
9 > the warnings about incompatible changes printed by syslog-ng, and once
10 > completed change the @version header at the top of the configuration file.;
11 > WARNING: global: the default value of log_fifo_size() has changed to
12 > 10000 in syslog-ng 3.3 to reflect log_iw_size() changes for tcp()/udp()
13 > window size changes;
16 > I do have some customizations in my syslog-ng.conf so I have not yet
17 > installed the quite minimalistic new syslog-ng.conf
18 > (._cfg0000_syslog-ng.conf).
19 >
20 > Does anyone have a link to some good documentation on how to upgrade a
21 > 3.2 configuration to 3.4?
22
23 I haven't found a upgrade guide but the admins guide is very complete:
24
25 http://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/syslog-ng-ose-3.4-guides/en/syslog-ng-ose-v3.4-guide-admin/pdf/syslog-ng-ose-v3.4-guide-admin.pdf
26
27 You could start by looking up your custom settings in the guide tosee if
28 you brought any incompatibilities into play
33 Alan McKinnon
34 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com