From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo kixtstart/jumpstart equivalent
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 06:06:17
1 Hi,
2 On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 00:30 -0500, Ghislain Bourgeois wrote:
3 > At my job, I designed a system we call Pullstart that we use to
4 > install Gentoo servers. I'm basically building what I call a
5 > "stage-4", which is simply a stage3 updated, with the packages we want
6 > added to it and a generic kernel built with genkernel. It is made
7 > available through a tarball on a web server and I have a simple script
8 > generated by web-based configuration utility to install it on the
9 > server and configure it for the machine (partitionning, networking,
10 > etc...). The only thing you need to run the script is to have a basic
11 > linux system running, which you can get with a livecd or a floppy like
12 > tomslinux (sorry, I forgot the exact name...). Of course, I have an
13 > NDA and the scripts all belong to the company, so I can't make it
14 > available, but you can build yourself something similar.
15 >
16 > --
17 > Ghislain Bourgeois
18 > ---
19 > Linux System administrator
20 >
21 There is an article on gentoo-wiki.com + a script to make and later
22 install a 'so called' stage4 tarball.
23 Made the stage4 tarball myself but still haven't tried to use it ;)
24 HTH.Rumen