From: Ghislain Bourgeois <ghislain.bourgeois@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo kixtstart/jumpstart equivalent
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 05:35:49
1 At my job, I designed a system we call Pullstart that we use to install
2 Gentoo servers. I'm basically building what I call a "stage-4", which is
3 simply a stage3 updated, with the packages we want added to it and a generic
4 kernel built with genkernel. It is made available through a tarball on a web
5 server and I have a simple script generated by web-based configuration
6 utility to install it on the server and configure it for the machine
7 (partitionning, networking, etc...). The only thing you need to run the
8 script is to have a basic linux system running, which you can get with a
9 livecd or a floppy like tomslinux (sorry, I forgot the exact name...). Of
10 course, I have an NDA and the scripts all belong to the company, so I can't
11 make it available, but you can build yourself something similar.
14 Ghislain Bourgeois
15 ---
16 Linux System administrator
17