From: twang.umn@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Error Message about network interfaces
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 07:28:07
1 On 23:58 Tue 23 Oct , Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:30:38 -0500
3 > twang.umn@×××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > Hi all,
6 > >
7 > > I own a Thinkpad T60 laptop. It has both wireless and wired network
8 > > support. But when booting, if I just use wireless ( without plugging
9 > > wire), it will give an error: eth0 network interfaces does not exists.
10 > >
11 > > Actually, it was not a big problem before. But now I am using
12 > > fbsplash. After swithing to graphic terminal, the booting will stop
13 > > at the error message. I need to go back to tty, and then booting
14 > > continues.
15 > >
16 > > Does anyone know how to get rid of the error message. Since I use
17 > > wire or wireless like 50 to 50, I don't want to remvoe net.eth0 from
18 > > runlevel scripts.
19 > >
20 > > Any suggestion is appreciated, and thank you in advance.
21 > >
22 > just a guess, but have you looked at RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING
23 > in /etc/init.d/rc ?
24
25 Yes, I did. Several days ago, I was bothered by ntpd and sshd, etc. I got the warning when starting up. So I set it to "lo". Is there anything else I can try?
26
27 > --
28 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
31 Teng Wang