From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bluetooth speakers
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 20:37:24
1 On Thursday, 5 May 2022 17:21:46 BST Jack wrote:
2 > I have a photive BT speaker that I've used successfully with plasma on
3 > my Artix laptop. I can test later with my Gentoo desktop to confirm. I
4 > don't remember if you use pulseaudio or not, but if so, I'd check
5 > pavucontrol to see if it also thinks that device is active and being
6 > used by whatever app is producing the sound, and also that the volume
7 > meter is showing any output.
8 >
9 > Probably not relevant to you, but I've recently solved a long-standing
10 > problem with audio (not just BT, also wired, but mostly with the mic)
11 > where my system monitor (gkrellm, and specifically its gkrellmss plugin)
12 > had grabbed the audio device, so although pavucontrol saw that the
13 > device existed, it couldn't actually do anything with it, and the volume
14 > meter didn't even show up. Solved in the short term by just disabling
15 > that plugin.
16 >
17 > Jack
18 >