From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: System freezes during compiles
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:00:06
1 On 2013-03-20, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 2013-03-20, Carlos Hendson <skyclan@×××.net> wrote:
3 >
4 >> That's by no means conclusive, however, I've also run a complete pass of
5 >> memcheck for over an hour without any issues reported.
6 >
7 > FWIW. I've had flakey memory that ran memcheck fine for several hours
8 > and multiple passes -- but if I let it run long enough, it would fail.
9 > I wouldn't be confident unless memtest ran for at least 12 hours (24
10 > would be even better).
11
12 I should probably be more clear: I was talking about memtest86+ when I
13 wrote "memcheck".
14
15 > I'd also keep an eye on CPU core temperature.
16 >
17 > A failing hard-drive can also cause some pretty strange behavior. If
18 > you're drives are smart (AFAICT, all recent ones are), ask them how
19 > they're feeling with 'smartclt' or something like that.
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Mr and Mrs PED, can I
23 at borrow 26.7% of the RAYON
24 gmail.com TEXTILE production of the
25 INDONESIAN archipelago?