From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: System freezes during compiles
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:15:08
1 On 2013-03-20, Carlos Hendson <skyclan@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > That's by no means conclusive, however, I've also run a complete pass of
4 > memcheck for over an hour without any issues reported.
5
6 FWIW. I've had flakey memory that ran memcheck fine for several hours
7 and multiple passes -- but if I let it run long enough, it would fail.
8 I wouldn't be confident unless memtest ran for at least 12 hours (24
9 would be even better).
10
11 I'd also keep an eye on CPU core temperature.
12
13 A failing hard-drive can also cause some pretty strange behavior. If
14 you're drives are smart (AFAICT, all recent ones are), ask them how
15 they're feeling with 'smartclt' or something like that.
18 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I'm having BEAUTIFUL
19 at THOUGHTS about the INSIPID
20 gmail.com WIVES of smug and wealthy
21 CORPORATE LAWYERS ...