From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MySQL 5.1 and Amarok
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 17:03:02
1 On Sonntag 21 Februar 2010, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sunday 21 February 2010 11:44:18 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > > It's not possible to use Amarok with the "embedded" USE flag with the
4 > > newly released MySQL 5.1. Why is that? Can we expect it to work at
5 > > some point?
6 >
7 > Do you mean it doesn't work, or the upgrade is dogdy with blocker messages
8 > that seem to have no source, make no sense, and no reason given?
9 >
10 > My update this morning would not proceed with amarok-2.2.2 installed, and
11 > portage could not work it's automagic. Unmerging amarok, emergeing world,
12 > then merging amarok-2.2.2.90 seems to be proceeding fine, it's building as
13 > I type.
14 >
15 > No guarantees it will succeed though...
16 > Or that it will work in any sane fashion.
17 >
18 > I'm starting to get really ticked off with amarok. The trials the devs have
19 > put me through defy belief,
20
21 what is so bad about typing emerge amarok?
22
23 openoffice - now that is a real bitch...