From: neil <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Double Firefox folders in /usr/lib?
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 18:54:16
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > MozillaFirefox
7 > mozilla-firefox
8 >
9 > Same thing happened with Thunderbird (MozillaThunderbird to
10 > mozilla-thunderbird).
11
12 Yep. Same thing here. It's in the Changelog.
13
14 > But am I supposed to have both folders? Shouldn't one of them (the old
15 > one) have been deleted when the previous versions of Firefox (and
16 > Thunderbird) were removed? Or are they still used for some reason (and
17 > if so, then why do I have to have a new folder)?
18
19 Portage does not seem to be very good at cleaning up after itself after
20 such changes. Files and directories from unmerged packages are
21 frequently left on the disk. I do a manual clean-up from time to time.
24 > Seems to me that something's a bit wonky somewhere, but thought I'd
25 > check here to see if
26 >
27 > 1) anybody else is seeing this
28
29 Yes.
30
31 > 2) anybody knows a reason this configuration makes sense/is valid
32 >
33 > before posting a bug.
34
35 Well, the change is documented as I stated above.
38 Be lucky,
41 Neil
45 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list