From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] more eee900a ?s
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 20:27:21
1 On Thu, 14 May 2009 12:55:07 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > How do I activate the (blue) fn buttons? I'd be particularly interested
4 > in learning how to turn the wifi on/off and entering sleep mode.
5
6 I haven't tried toggling the wireless, but the sleep key and power button
7 can be used with ACPI and sys-power/hibernate-script.
8
9 % cat /etc/acpi/events/sleep
10 event=button[ /]sleep.*
11 action=/usr/sbin/hibernate-ram
12
13 % cat /etc/acpi/events/power
14 event=button[ /]power.*
15 action=/usr/sbin/hibernate
16
17 > Is CONFIG_ACPI_ASUS still required in the config as either a built-in
18 > or a module for >= 2.6.28 kernels? The <Help> window says it's
19 > deprecated and possibly dangerous.
20 >
21 > I note in portage app-laptop/acpi4asus which, according to
22 > sourceforge.net, has not been updated for two years. Can someone
23 > confirm it works on a 900a with the 28 kernel version?
24
25 You don't want either of those, now that the kernel has specific Eee
26 support.
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 Got kleptomania? Be sure to take something for it.