From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} wvdial fails with "Zain" Tanzanian network
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 16:14:39
1 >> Is there another ppp client I can try besides wvdial?  One of the
2 >> dependecies of kppp won't emerge for me so I'm out of luck there.
3 >>
4 >> - Grant
8 > One of the dependencies won't emerge?  Which one?
9 > That should be fixable.  Post the fail log for the emerge, and we'll work to
10 > get that resolved.
11 > --
12 > - Mark Shields
13
14 GREAT SUCCESS! I added the following to wvdial.conf and it works! I
15 think this amounts to defining the APN.
16
17 Init3 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"
18
19 Thanks a lot for everyone's help. I don't recommend the Serena Lodge
20 wireless internet connections in Tanzania. Very expensive and most
21 ports don't work. The Zain SIM works great now.
22
23 Incidentally, I got antlr to emerge by temporarily enabling softmode
24 on my PAX-enabled kernel.
25
26 - Grant