From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} wvdial fails with "Zain" Tanzanian network
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 16:18:59
1 On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > >> Is there another ppp client I can try besides wvdial? One of the
4 > >> dependecies of kppp won't emerge for me so I'm out of luck there.
5 > >>
6 > >> - Grant
7 > >>
10 > > One of the dependencies won't emerge? Which one?
11 > > That should be fixable. Post the fail log for the emerge, and we'll work
13 > > get that resolved.
14 > > --
15 > > - Mark Shields
16 >
17 > GREAT SUCCESS! I added the following to wvdial.conf and it works! I
18 > think this amounts to defining the APN.
19 >
20 > Init3 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet"
21 >
22 > Thanks a lot for everyone's help. I don't recommend the Serena Lodge
23 > wireless internet connections in Tanzania. Very expensive and most
24 > ports don't work. The Zain SIM works great now.
25 >
26 > Incidentally, I got antlr to emerge by temporarily enabling softmode
27 > on my PAX-enabled kernel.
28 >
29 > - Grant
32 You're running a PAX'd kernel on a laptop workstation? Really?
35 - Mark Shields