From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Nvidia and optimus
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 04:54:04
1 On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 18:49:08 +0330
2 behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > On MS Windows, I need to:
5 > > 1) Start the program
6 > > 2) Stop the program
7 > > 3) Configure the driver to use the NVidia chipset for the program
8 > > (It doesn't
9 > > show in the list before I start it once)
10 > >
11 > > It seems that I was wrong about the way optimus is working in
12 > > Windows.
13 >
14 > I never have tried to manually select a GPU for program. I thought
15 > that the switching is automatic in Windows, because my games were
16 > smooth in Windows!
17
18 That NVidia utility automagically recognizes some games for which it
19 should switch the NVidia GPU on, but coverage is far from
20 comprehensive. In case it doesn't recognize a program, those three
21 steps are necessary.